Matthew James Property Consultants take your privacy very seriously. We respect your privacy and want you to understand how we use the personal information that we hold about you.
This policy applies to information we collect about:
• visitors to our website or people who enquire about our business and properties we list
• people who do business with us
1 The information we collect about you
• When you do business with us, we collect the following personal information from you:
• 1 your name;
• 2 your contact details, including: email address, telephone number, and postal address(es) associated with your account;
• 3 details of the services received or to be received from us;
• We will also collect some or all of the following information, as relevant to the provision of the services that you receive from us:
• 4 payment information, including: bank account details, credit card number and expiry date, proof of funds;
• 5 information relating to the ownership of the property;
• 6 information relating to the layout of your property (floor plans and photos);
• 7 information about the appliances and devices in your property and their warranties;
• 8 information about the access to the property (keys, codes etc.);
• 9 records of your discussions with our employees, whether oral or written (including through our social media platforms), including: comments and opinions that you may share about the provision of the services, complaints you may make or questions you may ask. Telephone conversations may be recorded for training purposes, and to allow us to improve our services.
You are not obliged to provide to us any of the above personal information; however, we may not be able to provide you with all our services if the necessary information is not received.
In addition to collecting information directly from you (such as when you create your account, use any of our products or services, or otherwise contact us), we may also collect information from third party products and apps (Jupix, Right2Rent, My Property App etc.) when you use them in connection with our services.
2 How we will use the information about you
- We gather this information to allow us to process your registration, process any requests you may make (including to take payment), provide the services requested, and maintain your account. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide you with statements of your account, and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account and the provision of the services.
We will also use your information to respond to your questions and complaints, and to investigate and respond to any misuse or abuse of your account (including fraud).
- If you agree, we may also contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you, based on our review of your information.
- From time to time we may use information about how you use our products and services, and/or provide it to our customer service agencies, for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services that we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on the services you receive or used to receive from us.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring the use of our services and our website usage, in order to help us understand how they are used and to develop and improve them, and we may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- In addition to those mentioned above, we may share personal information with the following:-
• third party installers, engineers and delivery companies, to enable them to provide their services to you in respect of our products;
• other providers of services to us, including companies that: provide IT support, process payments; analyse data; provide financial or legal advice; send communications to customers; engage in market research;
• regulators, local government councils, other government bodies, or law enforcement, where we are required to do so.
Matthew James Property Consultants may also wish to provide you with information (via email, text, push notification, mail or telephone) about any other service or products we think may be of interest to you, in accordance with your preferences. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email message to email@example.com or contact our team. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
5 How we protect your information
- We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information: Data is stored on the Cloud Platform servers located in the UK, protected by passwords and a firewall preventing access by any protocol apart from HTTPS and SSH. SSH access is only allowed using authorised RSA keys.
- We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
We may transfer, store or process your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The laws in some countries may not provide as much legal protection for your personal information as in the EEA.
By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where we use service providers outside the EEA, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (for example, the EU Standard Contractual Clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield) to ensure that your personal information is adequately safeguarded in the recipient country.
Where you have a password to enable you to access some parts of our websites or apps, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us. If you would like to delete the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the details below.
6 Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and book an appointment with us to visit our office and collect the copies in person. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Matthew James Property Consultants changes (for example if you change your email address, name or payment details), or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
7 Your rights regarding your information
Including as stated above, you have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- the right to access your personal information that we hold;
- the right to be informed how your personal information is used;
- the right to request corrections to inaccuracies in your personal information that we hold;
- the right to request that we cease to hold certain of your personal information, understanding that this may cause the functionality of our products may be reduced, or to not be usable at all;
- the right to opt out of receiving direct marketing messages.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us as set out in Sections 6 and 3 above.
You also have the right to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or your local data protection regulator) if you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information, though we encourage you to contact us first, where we will do our best to address your concerns.
8 How long we keep your personal information
- We will retain your personal information for the duration of your account with us. After you close your account, we will retain your personal information for a reasonable period, in order to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations to you, and to maintain our records.
9 Your consent
- By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
11 How to contact Matthew James Property Consultants
12 Service notifications
- Some of our apps may send service notifications directly to your electronic device (through the relevant app, by email and/or by text, in accordance with your preferences) when we have something important or of interest to share with you, or where you have asked to be notified of events relating to the operation of the system at your property. At any time you can turn off service notifications through the relevant app, through your online account or via the system settings of your electronic device.
13 Links to other websites
14 Sale of business
- If Matthew James Property Consultants business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.